This one is a real warm and satisfying banana bread. Growing up in the Mid-west I have enjoyed my fair share of banana bread. This one is especially satisfying on those cold winter days when you just want to curl up on the couch and enjoy an afternoon at home with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a good book.
This recipe is going to take you ten minutes to prepare, cook time is about an hour, and you’ll be already in around an hour or so.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celsius. Grease and dust your loaf pan lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Stir the 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together.
- In another bowl mix your butter and sugar into a light creamy mass. Mix in the eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Now mix in the salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center of the loaf.