This one is a real warm and satisfying banana bread. Growing up in the Mid-west I have enjoyed my fair share of banana bread. This one is especially satisfying on those cold winter days when you just want to curl up on the couch and enjoy an afternoon at home with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a good book.
Instructions: Ingredients | Directions
This recipe is going to take you ten minutes to prepare, cook time is about an hour, and you’ll be already in around an hour or so.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celsius. Grease and dust your loaf pan lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Stir the 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together.
- In another bowl mix your butter and sugar into a light creamy mass. Mix in the eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Now mix in the salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center of the loaf.
Please be aware: Contains nuts and gluten.
Oh, I just love this recipe it is so easy to make and tastes too good to be true. Thankfully it is so easy you can whip it together and have it ready as an after supper desert or mid meal treat. The kids will just love it.
Instructions overview: Ingredients | Directions
This recipe is going to take you about fifteen minutes to prepare, cook time is one hour five minutes, and you’ll be already in around one and a half hours.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease and flower a bread pan.
- Combine your flour, baking soda and salt (your dry ingredients) in a large bowl. Then in a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until they are well mixed. Next fold in your eggs and mashed bananas you will want to have this mixture well blended. Fold the banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Place the bread in the middle of your rack, ensuring that it is not too high. I usually put it in the lower third of the oven. But oven’s vary so you will need to take that into account. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes. About ten minutes before the bread is finished I will pock it with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean then I will give it a minute or two but usually take it out a bit sooner. Let the bread cool in pan for about ten to fifteen minutes, then remove it from the form.