I love the soft texture of this amazing recipe from my grandmother. These oh so tasty pancakes will melt in your mouth and fill you with memories of your childhood. At least that is what they do for me. Plus they are easy to make.
This recipe is going to take you about 5 m to prepare, cook time is 15 m, and you’ll be already in around 20 m.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Then make an indentation in the middle of the dry ingredients to act as your well. Pour the milk, egg and melted butter in the well and mix it together until it is a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan and lightly oil it. Pour or scoop (I use a metal ladle) the batter into the frying pan, my ladle is a quarter cup which makes a nice pancake. Brown on both sides and to get the classic golden brown color. Make sure that they are served hot, this is where you skill is required.