This is a secret family recipe. And once you try it you will want to make a staple of your family’s menu.
Instructions: Ingredients | Directions
This recipe is going to take you about 45 m to prepare, cook time is 15 m, and you’ll be already in around 1 h.
- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft, yet still firm, I call it al dente but I am not sure that goes for potatoes. Drain them and set them to cool. When they are cool peel the skin off and cube them up.
- Boil the eggs for about a quarter hour then take them off and leave them in the water. When they are cool drain them and peel the skin off and cube them up.
- Mix your ingredients together in a large bowl; combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise. Put the salad in the refrigerator and allow it to chill before serving it.