You’ll love this easy meatloaf and wonder why it has been absent from your kitchen all of these years. This makes a great addition to your weekly menu and a fun meal to prepare with children.
This recipe is going to take you about ten minutes to prepare, cook time is one hour, and you’ll be already to eat in an hour and ten minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Take out a large mixing bowl and combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread, though I will also use cracker crumbs if I don’t have the bread on hand. Season with salt and pepper to suite your family’s taste and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Now in a new bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix it until it is an even consistency then pour it over over the meatloaf, careful not to spill it on the edge of the pan since it will burn.
- Bake for one hour.