There is nothing like a warm and soothing potato soup on a cold winter day, or any day for that matter. The ham just adds that extra touch to the mix that produces a wonderful flavorful meal that will become a family hit!
This recipe is going to take you about 20 m to prepare, cook time is 25 m, and you’ll be already in around 45 m.
- 3 1/2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Put a pot of water on the stove and add the potatoes, celery, onion, ham. Bring it to a boil and allow it to cook at a low heat. Once the potatoes are are soft you can stir in your chicken bouillon. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in another saucepan. Whisk in flour and milk together and cook it until it’s thick. Stir in more milk and ensure that lumps do not form. Cook on low heat until thick.
- Add the thickener to the pot, cook until everything has heated, stirring to ensure that it mixes together. Once it is hot you can serve the soup.