People that know me know that I love cream pie. It is just a thing that has always been part of my family’s dessert menu and I have expanded it with my family. Of course there are more variations than you can possibly imagine on the old cream pie recipe and this is one that adds a extra level of yummy to it. Namely the chocolate. Chocolate and banana goes well together if you didn’t know. 😉 And this cream pie recipe blends them perfectly.
This recipe is going to take you about fifteen minutes to prepare, cook time is an hour, and you’ll be already in around an hour and fifteen minutes.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust, baked and cooled
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Microwave (in a microwave safe bowl of course) your: chocolate, a tablespoon milk, and butter or margarine. Cook it for about a minute and a half, making sure that you stir it every thirty seconds to ensure that it melts and mixes together. Once it is melted layer the pie crust with the melted chocolate mixture.
- Layer the melted chocolate with the sliced bananas.
- Mix the pudding and milk together for two minutes and it has a smooth thick consistency. Stir in the shredded coconut and mix it together. Once it is mixed spoon the pudding over banana slices.
- Cover the pie with the whipped topping and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Place it in the refrigerator for four hours or until it is set. Note, that you should keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it.