There is one thing that I love more than an amazing dessert, it is an amazingly easy dessert, and this is one that takes just a few minutes to whip together. It is also mostly hands off once you get everything together so it is a nice quick option when you are running a little bit behind.
This recipe is going to take you about twenty-five minutes to prepare, setup time is an hour, and you’ll be already in around one hour and twenty-five minutes.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Break out your electric mixer, whip 3 cups heavy cream on low until it starts to get thick. Next Add crushed ice and continue to whip another 4 minutes. Add the vanilla and banana pudding and increase the speed on the mixer. Continue to whip the mixture until the pudding is fully blended with the cream and thickens. Now continue to mix on high and beat until mixture is thick and supports itself.
- Line the pie crust with banana slices as well as half of the side of the pan. Cover the bananas with half of the banana cream mixture then cover the cream with the rest of the bananas. Use the remainder of the cream to cover the bananas as toping.
- Use another bowl and whip a cup of cream until it’s stiffs. Using a pastry bag to cover the pie with cream topping. Make sure that you cover it evenly and ensure that it is covered completely. Finally refrigerate it for an hour before serving to ensure that everything is set up.